Microsoft has released their October 2011 Patch Tuesday Advanced notification. Microsoft is planning to release 8 new security bulletins addressing 23 vulnerabilities.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 2 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 6 bulletins are rated as Important
- 6 vulnerabilities fixed could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 1 vulnerability fixed could lead to Elevation of Privilege
- 1 vulnerability fixed could lead to Denial of Service
|An Experts Guide to Protecting Microsoft Applications: A Cloud Connected Approach|
- All supported Microsoft operating systems
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Host Integration Server 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010
- Microsoft Silverlight 4
- Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
I will be going through each bulletin thoroughly next Wednesday, October 12th at 11:00am CDT in part of our monthly Patch Tuesday webinar. Click here to register for the webinar.