Microsoft has released their Advanced Notification for the May 2012 edition of Patch Tuesday. Microsoft is planning to release seven bulletins addressing 23 vulnerabilities. In addition, they will be releasing a Security Advisory to update ActiveX killbits. Last year, Microsoft moved the ActiveX killbit updates from a Security Bulletin to a Security Advisory. So, you should be aware that there will be eight bulletins that need your attention next Tuesday.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 4 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 3 bulletins are rated as Important
- 5 bulletins addressing vulnerabilities that could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 2 bulletins addressing vulnerabilities that could lead to Elevation of Privilege
- All supported Microsoft Operating Systems
- All supported Microsoft Office products (2003, 2007, 2010)
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack
- Microsoft Visio Viewer 2010
- Microsoft Excel Viewer
- Microsoft Silverlight 4, 5
I will be going over the May Patch Tuesday in detail in addition to any other non-Microsoft releases since the last Patch Tuesday in our Monthly Patch Tuesday webinar. This webinar is scheduled for next Wednesday, May 9th at 11:00am CST. You can register for this webinar here.