Microsoft announced their March 2013 advanced notification for Patch Tuesday. The March edition of Patch Tuesday will be bringing seven security bulletins, six of which will be supported in vCenter Protect. The seventh is a patch on Office for Mac.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 4 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 3 bulletins are rated as Important
- 3 bulletins address vulnerabilities that could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 2 bulletins address vulnerabilities that could lead to Elevation of Privilege
- 2 bulletins address vulnerabilities that could lead to Information Disclosure
- All supported Microsoft operating systems
- All supported versions of Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Silverlight 5
- Microsoft Visio and Visio Viewer 2010 SP1
- Microsoft Filterpack 2010 SP1
- Microsoft OneNote 2010 SP1
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1
- Microsoft Web Analytics Web Front End Components
I will be going over the March Patch Tuesday patches in detail in our next monthly Patch Tuesday webcast, which is scheduled for Wednesday, March 13th at 11:00 a.m. CDT. I will also be reviewing other non-Microsoft releases that have occurred since the February Patch Tuesday. You can register for the Patch Tuesday webcast here.