Microsoft has announced this month’s Patch Tuesday release. There are 4 total patches – 0 Critical and 4 Important – expected to be released on Tuesday, January 14th. Here is the breakdown for this month:
- ZERO! bulletins are rated as Critical. Yay!
- Four bulletins are rated as Important.
- One bulletin addresses a vulnerability that could allow Remote Code Execution.
- Two bulletins address vulnerabilities that could allow Elevation of Privileges.
- One bulletin addresses a vulnerability which could lead to a Denial of Service.
- All supported Windows operating systems
- All versions of Office
- Office Web Apps 2010 and 2013
- SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013
- Dynamics AX 4.0, 2009, 2012, and 2012 R2
Looks like we may have a nice calm start to 2014!
Join us as we review the Microsoft and third-party releases for January Patch Tuesday in our next monthly Patch Tuesday webcast, which is scheduled for Wednesday, January 15th at 11 a.m. CST. We will also discuss other product and patch releases since the December 2013 Patch Tuesday.
You can register for the Patch Tuesday webinar here.
By Chris Goettl