SharePoint is now an important element of the information management infrastructure in many of the world’s largest organizations. In many cases, these organizations must now consider how SharePoint, and the massive (and growing) amount of content it creates, will be managed as well as how it will integrate within the broader information infrastructure.
Michael Noel, author of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Unleashed, examines these issues and more in this OpenText sponsored whitepaper:
- The Problem with Unmanaged SharePoint
- Addressing Rapid Content Growth and Site Proliferation
- Content Database and Site Collection Structure Limitations
- Implementing Archival and Extended Records Management
- Planning Information Architecture
- Managing the People and Security of a SharePoint Environment