Microsoft has announced their February 2012 Advanced Notification for the upcoming Patch Tuesday. Microsoft is planning to release nine security bulletins fixing 21 vulnerabilities.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 4 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 5 bulletins are rated as Important
- 7 vulnerabilities could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 2 vulnerabilities could lead to Elevation of Privilege
- All supported Microsoft Operating systems
- All supported Internet Explorer browsers
- Visio Viewer 2010
- SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Silverlight 4
There has been no word of other vendors planning to release new security bulletins, but we are constantly monitoring to find any other vendors planning on joining Microsoft’s Patch Tuesday.