With power requirements of computing equipment increasing and the cost of energy rising, IT organizations need accurate estimates of power and cooling requirements for designing and expanding data centers. HP has created the HP Power Advisor utility to provide more accurate and meaningful estimates of power needs for HP ProLiant BL, DL, and SL systems so that IT infrastructure designers can determine the most efficient hardware configuration. This technology brief identifies factors affecting power requirements, explains how the Power Advisor works, and provides an example of how it can be used.
Estimating Power Requirements for HP ProLiant Server Systems
- If We Forget to Look Out of the Window January 3, 2017
- Living in a GAFA world. May 16, 2016
- Real-Time Streaming Data Analysis with SaaS March 17, 2016
- Where Are All These Areas of AI, NLP, ML, DL, and ANN Going? Part 2 February 29, 2016
- Where Are All These Areas of AI, NLP, ML, DL, and ANN Going? Part 1 February 29, 2016
Algorithm Artificial Intelligence Big Data Business Phone Systems Cloud Computing Communications Computer Modeling Computer Programming Computers Computer Science Data Center Distributed Computing Electronics Encryption Energy Efficiency Energy Technology Engineering featured Google Graphene Hacking Information Technology Internet Materials Science Mathematics Medical Technology Microsoft Security Bulletins Mobile Computing Optics Patch Management Patch Tuesday Physics Quantum Computers Robotics Security Smart Grid Smartphones Social Media Spintronics technology Telecommunications Video Games Virtualization VoIP Vulnerability