During this holiday season, Microsoft is giving the gift of patches! Microsoft has announced their December 2012 Advance Notification for the upcoming Patch Tuesday. Microsoft plans to release seven new security bulletins addressing 11 vulnerabilities.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 5 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 2 bulletins are rated as Important
- 6 bulletins addressing vulnerabilities that could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 1 bulletin addressing vulnerabilities that could lead to Security Feature Bypass
- All supported versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- All supported Microsoft Operating Systems including Windows 8, 8 RT and Server 2012
- Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Word Viewer
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Office Web Apps 2010
I will be going over the December Patch Tuesday patches in detail along with reviewing other non-Microsoft releases since the November Patch Tuesday in our monthly Patch Tuesday webcast. This webcast is scheduled for next Wednesday, December 12th at 11:00 a.m. CT. You can register for this webcast here.